Vacations for Vets
Enjoy a week away at a Shell Vacations Club.
Thank you for your interest in the Vacations for Vets program. Upon the completion of the 2019 application process, an internal review of the program was conducted to identify possible areas of improvement moving forward.
Three main areas of the program were identified as needing immediate attention:
- Application Process
- Handling of the waitlist
- Effective user communication
Please review the PDF to see how each of these areas have been affected, and how they will impact the program moving forward.
Due to these changes, applications are indefinitely closed due to a full waitlist. Information on the new application process and how/when applications will open again is found in the PDF above
Vacations for Vets is an initiative spearheaded by Shell Vacations Club, and the Wyndham Worldwide members, who graciously donate excess timeshare points as a way to thank whose who serve or have served our country. The program offers one week complimentary lodging to eligible serving and former members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
- You must be a serving or former member of the Canadian Armed Forces who sustained an illness or injury attributable to military service in a Special Duty Area or Special Duty Operation, and you are receiving a Veterans Affairs Canada benefit for that illness or injury.
- You are limited to one vacation every two years.
- The online application form will be available as required to refill both the regular and waitlist.
- If you are a first time user of the program, your request must be accompanied by a Veterans Affairs Canada confirmation letter that confirms you are receiving a benefit. You can either submit your entitlement decision letter or contact Veterans Affairs Canada directly at their toll free number 1-866-522-2122 (EN)/ 1-866-522-2022 (FR) for a confirmation letter which does not include any benefit details.
- Review Shell Vacations Resorts at www.shellvacationsclub.com to see which resort you want to apply to.
- Once your application is approved, the Vacations for Vets program manager will let you know that your spot has been secured. If you are placed on the waitlist, you will also be told which spot you are, as applications are filed on a first-come first-serve basis. You will receive a follow-up email once your requested dates are less than 9 months away to confirm that the dates and locations from your original application are still relevant. Please feel free to make any changes at this time. Occupancy is based on availability and blackout dates. Providing a larger date range increases the chances of getting your first choice.
- For other questions, refer to our FAQ section, or email us at VacationsForVets@cfmws.com
- You can only stay at one resort location for the seven day vacation.
- Travelling companions may include your spouse, children, extended family members, and other dependents (up to a maximum of 8 people). Please note the maximum occupancy for each room/resort when requesting a location and the number of people you plan to bring with you.
- Pets are not permitted on Shell Vacations Club properties. Service dogs are permitted, as long as the appropriate paperwork is brought with you.
- You may book a longer vacation at your own expense, based upon Shell Vacations Club availability. If you desire to stay longer than the one complimentary week, please make a special note on your application form. All extra stays can be booked through Wyndham Extra Holidays
- You are responsible for the cost of travel to and from Shell Vacations Club destinations, as well as meals, activities, taxes and security deposits. This program only covers the cost of lodging at the properties.
- Hawaiian timeshare locations may have a timeshare tax per day which is your responsibility. Check each resort rate here.