Empowering resilient military families.
Military families are uniquely affected by the combination of relocation, absence
- Children of deployed military members in high profile, high-risk locations experience physical and mental health issues — including stress and anxiety.
- Recurring absences can negatively impact parent-child relationships, sometimes with long-term or permanent consequences.
- Academic performance can suffer for military children facing frequent relocation.
- A parent returning home ill or injured, or not returning at all, can be devastating for even the strongest of families.
- Frequent moves are a source of anxiety for military families, as they must continually adapt to new cities, communities, and schools.
- Repeatedly finding new employment, healthcare providers and childcare services is challenging.
- Peers and friends are continually left behind and military families must rebuild their social networks in a new community.
Military families are often challenged either short-term or long-term in achieving financial well-being:
- Unpredictability of postings, deployments and spousal employment directly impacts the financial stability of a family.
- Families with long-term or permanent illnesses or injuries caused by military service, including post-traumatic stress disorder and other operational stress injuries, are especially vulnerable.
- Families with special needs children are routinely faced with additional costs often associated with specialized care, equipment and services.
- Adolescent children in new communities can struggle finding part-time employment. Family First programs improve family stability and well-being by addressing the challenges faced by military families.
YOUR DONATION TO FAMILY FIRST WILL HAVE A DIRECT AND POSITIVE IMPACT ON THE LIVES OF MILITARY FAMILIES.
Your gift to the Family First program will provide scholarships for deserving
students, trips to summer camps for special needs children, financial assistance, and more.
STAND WITH US - SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Women and men who serve Canada face unique challenges — so do their families.
Your generous donation to Support Our Troops will ensure that these extraordinary Canadians and their families, who make sacrifices and carry the weight while their loved ones are away, receive the support they need.