Inspiring recovery and rehabilitation through the transformative power of sport.
The Soldier On Program
re-introduces Canadian Armed Forces members to an active lifestyle using a community-based delivery model and provides inspiration and motivation for women and men to overcome adversity through camaraderie, sports and other physically challenging activities.
It also provides members with a safe environment to challenge themselves in ways that they may not have thought possible. Members participating credit the program with helping them:
- Build confidence in their abilities
- Interact with peers dealing with similar challenges
- Gain a renewed sense of purpose and belonging
- Adapt to their “new normal”
- Realize their full potential
The Soldier On Program offers grants for eligible applicants to:
- acquire sporting or recreational equipment; and/or
- participate in structured group activities.
Any serving member or veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces who has acquired a permanent physical or mental health illness or injury while serving their country.
Other beneficiaries may include members from other government departments that have acquired a permanent illness or injury while supporting Canadian Armed Forces operations; these will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Applications are accepted year-round.
• Visit the Soldier On website
• Read the applicant guide
• Complete and submit the Soldier On grant application form
Canada-wide Toll Free Transition Centre Non Crisis Hotline:
In Ottawa at:
Worldwide via the Military network at:
United States Collect Call: